Anyway, Montreal is a great city. Full of modern architecture and then old stone churches -- right next to each other, all over the city.
Another highlight was using the city's bike rental system to ride all over with my sister-in-law, Amy (her husband teaches at BYU and gets to go to the same conference, so lucky for me, she came, too!). It was such fun. Here she is, looking very Audrey Hepburn, I think.
We ate what we wanted, when we wanted, and did just what we wanted, so really the trip was perfect. Here we are after one such meal --
Directly following our Montreal trip, some friends invited us to join them at their beach house in Surf City. We are not people who turn down beach trips, so of course we went. The kids even got to miss a day of school -- that's just how we roll with beach trips!
There was boogie boarding and some surfing.
burying -- Grace, Daisy (who at that moment screamed that something was biting her), and Noelle.
And Claire, 18 months, loved feeding Ollie, 15 months. He loved being fed, so it was a win/win. These two were fun to watch . . .
Thanks, Hansons! It was a great time!!
This is just a random picture from our last swim meet. I just threw it in there for the grandparents. :)
All in all, there is lots going on, but I'm sure that's not at all surprising. The kids are doing great in school, and we are looking forward to track out in three more weeks. Then it's back to the beach for us again, this time to Emerald Isle. Anyone want to join us?
4 comments:
Oh what a great trip it was! So much fun being with you. Thanks so much for making it happen. I look like I suffered a broken ankle in that one picture. Ha! What am I doing?
The beach looks fantastic. How did you turn around and do that right after Montreal? Wow. We are seriously thinking that we need to come visit and do the beach next summer.
oxox
Such fun pictures...love keeping in touch via blog!! Always busy and always smiling!!!
I love these photos. What a fun getaway and beach trip (I'm a sucker for the beach, too; it's that dumb, fabulous smell...). Your kids are so darling.
xo
How nice you had a retreat in Montreal! I took our boy, Caleb, to Palo Alto for a few days this summer and went to the Menlo Park ward on Sunday. Steve Stubben happened to be there for a conference that weekend and it was SO good to see him as well as many other familiar faces. Good memories there!
Post a Comment