Friday, September 12, 2008
Galveston
In case you were wondering, I grew up in Galveston, TX. My Dad still lives there. The same Galveston that is going to weather the wrath of Hurricane Ike early Saturday morning. The island has been evacuated. (My Dad and his family are in Jackson, MS in a La Quinta, because they have dogs -- not too many hotels are keen on pets.) I can't get enough of the footage of my beloved island. It isn't every day I get to see it on TV. The picture up on CNN right now is just about 4 blocks from "my" house. (Actually it belongs to someone else now, but it will always be "my" house.) Anyway, pray the the island bears the storm well, and most importantly, its citizens are safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Nellie -
I sure hope everything is okay in Galveston. That is where John met you and then we met at BYU! As if you don't remember that but I always think of you when I hear about Galveston. I think about how you were the tannest person I had ever seen in my life and so dang cute. Like me...
I don't know why that says christian but it is Linda writing - if cHristian wrote that it would be a little weird.
Thanks for the clarification, Linda -- I figured it was you. :)
I will keep them in my thoughts. Hope your fam stays safe!
Nellie,
I was getting a little weirded out for you when I thought some Christian guy was hitting on you.
Driving to the temple today I was listening to the radio and immediately thought of you and your family. I hope all is well with them. Wow...it must be weird to see home going through something so scary.
We'll be praying.
Thanks a million, Allison! My Dad and crew evacuated Wednesday and went East to Jackson, MS. They are fine, but I am reasonably sure they will have some water damage. Nothing that can't be replaced, however . . .
I always think about you when I hear about Galveston. I can remember several years of my grandparents having to go board up the coast house in Corpus. Not fun at all. I am going to use the secret and your island will be just fine...
Keep us updated!
Let's hope things turn out alright over there.
I think about you growing up there all the time! I am glad to hear that your family is safe and sound. It is so awful!
Nellie,
I'm so glad your Dad got out. It seems so strange that so many people stayed. I guess I can understand protecting against looters but still.... It must be bitter sweet to see Galveston on TV.
xoxox
a
Nellie,
I've totally been thinking about you as I've watched Galveston on the news. I'm so glad your dad got out safely. We'll keep praying for everyone there!
Take care,
Becky
Post a Comment