Saturday, September 6, 2008
Never a Dull Moment
Today it was seriously rainy here, thanks to Tropical Storm Hanna. So, what's a Mom to do with her kids on such a day? Go to a movie, of course. We went to see "Wall-E" (I know, it's been out for ages, but that was really all there was that I could take all 4 kids to), and I liked it -- good message. Sadie thought we should see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," but there is no way I am spending money on that flick. No way. I'd rather eat dirt. Anyway, we had a good time and when we got home, I pulled my car into the driveway and let the kids play in the shelter of the garage during the rain. All was going fine until George spilled the entire contents of a huge bottle of bubbles on the garage floor (no one admitted, of course, to getting it down for him) and then kept slipping in it, so he was covered with slimy bubble gunk. Sadie was trying to clean it up, but it was a job for me so that when Chris/CB comes home tomorrow night he doesn't slip when he gets out of his car. I had just finished getting that all cleaned up and had moved downstairs to the basement. (Did I mention there is a showing tomorrow? -- Why else would I be cleaning my unfinished besement? I usually just close the door.) As I am cleaning up the mountain of toys, I hear a loud crash upstairs in the kitchen, which I assume is a dish or something. Blood-curdling screams follow, accompanied by poor Sadie screaming "Mom, I'm going to die!!!" in her most serious screaming voice. She was bugged by Henry rapping on the back door, and to scare him she smacked the door back and put her arm through a pane of glass. Nice -- it will look especially good for the showing tomorrow, but of course I am more concerned for S's well being to bring that up. So, my wonderful neighbor comes over to keep the other three kids, and off S and I go to the ER. Eleven stitches later, we are home and all is well. Now I just have to get this house clean and my lesson for church tomorrow done and I can sleep. Oh, and some dinner would be nice. Suddenly I feel very tired . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
oh dear. poor Sadie. poor you. hope things are better tomorrow.
ps- did you know that nienie and c-jane are CB and Rob's second cousins? crazy huh.
I hope your lesson was on enduring to the end...of a day!
I also hope Sadie is OK and that Chris doesn't get a concussion when he steps out of his car. Another trip to the ER would just be too much! Good luck with the showing.
Nellie..That's a wild story. I hope the showing went well. I"m sure your house is perfectly put together...Just like you! I have got to see that picture. THat is hilarious. I secretly had the biggest crush on Johnny back in the day. Someday I have got to get my hands on that picture.
Nellie,
You left a comment on my blog that you finally found the stroller you love. Will you let me know what it is? I was going to email you, but realized I don't have your address. Mine is: ludlowjenny@gmail.com
Thanks!
Jenny
So sorry! I hope Sadie is ok. It always happens when the hubby's out of town, huh?
I swear everything bad happens when you are left with all the kiddos...
Is she okay? come see me...
Oh, so sorry! I hope she's ok! Why do those things always happen at the worst possible time?
Murphey's Law.
ya, you right, never a dull moment! I hope the waite in the ED was not that long, and that she is feeling better. i love the "I am going to die" part!
Oh my word! I can't help but laugh a little at the thought of all it - Nellie you deserve a vacation! Hope Sadie is doing ok - hope that showing ends up being "the one"! Fingers crossed!
Nightmare! That's really scary. Man, kids can be a lot of work. I'm thinking I want 4, but lately I've been wondering if I can handle it. Did Chris take the new teaching job?
If it's not one thing it's another! On days like this when I feel like crying I try to just laugh at what a crazy life this really is! I hope Sadie is feeling okay (and you too!).
these are the days!
thanks for sharing :)
Okay, that day beats all of mine put together! But what a story she'll have to tell when she's older! Will it leave a good scar for her? I hope your Sunday was better!
11 Stitches for Sadie. She definitely wins. My Kate only had 3 and that was enough trauma. They just came out today. The fun never ends.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua doesn't come out here till Oct. 3. Guess what Emily wants to do for her birthday. You guessed it. Ay Chihuahua!
I love reading about your family, it makes me feel more normal.
Poor Sadie with her arm and poor Nellie with cleaning the basement. I don't know how you are doing it. There is NO WAY I could keep our basement, garage and every other part of our house clean and free from disasters. Kudos to you!
xoxo,
a
Post a Comment