Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sadie honor roll

We were invited to Sadie's school to honor the kids' third-quarter achievements. She made the A-B honor roll, which was terrific, but even better, she got a special award for having an A-plus attitude. Chris and I were so proud -- I was doing my best to hold it together and not cry. Seriously, I am relatively new to this crying-over-everything business -- it is disturbing to me, but I can't seem to help it. I know being pregs doesn't help, but really, I need to start using waterproof mascara! My kids are always asking things like, "Mom, why were you crying when we were singing in church?" (with the Primary kids) To which I can only answer "Because I am a psycho." Seriously. It was all I could do to not embarrass Sadie in front of her 6th grade peers -- and I don't think she noticed. We do feel so very proud of our Sadie, though. It is not easy to change schools mid-year, especially in Middle School. She has really been amazing at getting up on her own and making it to her very early 6:45am bus. I can count on one hand the times I have been up to see her off. Thank goodness for Chris/CB picking up my slack on that one! Great job, Sadie!!






Movie night at our house: "Madagascar 2." We need a much bigger couch! At least we all like each other, well, most of the time, anyway! And, it amazes me that we can still agree on a movie -- something that probabally won't last too much longer.

11 comments:

J-Lo said...

I love being the first one to comment on a post!

Would it be inappropriate to say that Sadie's great early childhood education at Bing set the stage for her soaring intelligence? Actually, it's more likely due to her awesome parents!

So did you have a place on the couch? Under one of the children, no doubt:)

mom2beachbums said...

Wow, Sadie has gotten so tall and looks so much older than when I saw her last!! She is so beautiful and smart. That is a horrendously early bus ~~ poor you!! And about the crying, I can SO relate. It is a pregnant thing.

queenieweenie said...

Aren't these the moments that make it all worth it? Sadie sounds like a special girl...I'd love to meet her someday.

Your kids are so adorable...I love all of them sitting on the couch.

Cacooning said...

Congratulations, Sadie!

Airi said...

Congrats Sadie!! Oh and the crying thing...my younger kids are always looking at my face at church if I'm crying! I'm hoping that they will relize it themselves soon! Actually my 3 older ones have and it is soooo wonderful! And movie nights with the family are always great...doesn't matter the size of the couch because they like to snuggle up close anyway.

Emily S. said...

Doesn't surprise me one bit! Way to go Sadie! All your kids are great.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh my Sadie girl. I miss her so. She is so delightful. I always tell Dan I want ONE daughter just like Sadie. Xoxo.

birdie said...

I can't believe how big and old your kiddos are looking these days! How many years has it been since I've seen them?

I feel so sad that I missed you all at Christmas. Cute Sadie - what a sweetheart in every way. Totally the responsible first child. Tell her way to go from us!

SARAH said...

Dido on the tall comment. It scares me to see how tall Hannah is getting. She tells me on occasion that she misses Sadie and Daisy. We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey Nellie - I am NOT pregnant and I cried when I watched the kids sing Christmas songs in Kindergarten - and over many other things! I am not sure I'll make it on Ethan's first day as a first grader!

Unknown said...

By the way - congrats to Sadie! She is awesome. We miss you guys!