Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow day -- AGAIN, and my sweet readers

Woke up this morning and it had snowed again -- North Carolina hasn't had snow in 5 years and now we've had it twice! Yuck. The kids were pleased as pie to not have school, though. They might change their tune when they have to make up their day on Saturday, though.

Today I haven't had to dig out the snow clothes, at least -- this picture is from the first snow, but it looks just like it did this morning.









My girls have really been great helpers lately. The other night I went upstairs and found them each reading to a little brother on their own without even being asked. I just couldn't resist snapping some pictures. It is so incredibly nice to have live-in help!





11 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

So good! Especially if they did it without being asked!

Airi said...

burrrr! But it looks absolutely beautiful and white! I do miss snow sometimes...but then again after spending a little time...I'm ready to come back to Hawaii. My kids love snow more than me...especially the snow sports like skiing and sleding! It's actually been pretty chilly over here in Hawaii lately (in the high 60's) where I have to wear socks in the house. My body is adjusted to Hawaii climate already...I don't think that I could hand the cold like the mainland anymore!

mom2beachbums said...

We are jealous! Snow is pretty to look at. We are still 'adjusting' to S. TX and can't help but long for just a little coating of snow! Its amusing how it had to hit the year you move there. But you should be having your gorgeous springtime soon!

queenieweenie said...

ick...so glad I love in CA...sorry.

amber said...

you are a lucky girl, nellie. those darling big sisters to those scrunchy little brothers. our family is in for a lifetime of outsourcing babysitters. i love your new house and i love that you have another baby on the way! xo

Sister Abby Bowler said...

They are so cute--and all getting so big. I'm just moving into that beautiful stage of wonderful helpers with Abby nearly 8 and Sadie 6. I love it. I am going to be in NC this weekend visiting Catie Stubben--you are in her ward aren't you? I hope I get to see you!

eryn said...

I so know that feeling of 'not this again!' We get spring teasers and then back to miserable. Although this week we're supposed to get some 50's! Your cute girlies!

the design boss said...

I have always been so impressed with your kids. They are so sweet and loving!

SARAH said...

Last night Hannah read a book to William for the first time and it was the first time she read unassisted. I think it's so cool when they 'grow up. Your girls are just great!

birdie said...

Your girls are so sweet - lucky you and lucky little bros for having such sweet sisters. Miss you guys.

J-Lo said...

That's so fun to see. You've raised 'em well!