Friday, February 27, 2009

Window "wolling" and other expensive habits

What do you get when you let your kids roll windows up and down repeatedly on your car? You guessed it -- a window that won't roll up, and that you have to force up by hand every day because it gradually rolls down as you drive. Not so bad in good weather, which thankfully is much more mild than most places in the country this time of year, but not so good when it "wains" on your son. Anyway -- when G was at preschool this morning, I thought I'd just pop by the Ford place and get it fixed. Well, 2.5 hours and 351 dollars later it was fixed. Precious preschool time wasted, and ouch -- what a price tag!

No more indiscriminate window wolling around here anymore!

4 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

Whoa! Man cars are expensive!

J-Lo said...

Yeah, it weally sucks to get wained on! Cars with character are so much fun, though. My car recently started "chirping" and I am trying to get up the courage to open the hood and find the birds that must be nesting in the engine:)

Anonymous said...

That's what happened to my power locks in the front seats of our Ford! Gotta love little kids with BUTTONS!!! ;)

Cacooning said...

Thanks for the warning. No window wolling. I still can't believe George is 4. Tell him happy birthday from us.