So, a new post is well past it's prime, but the hold-up is because my camera is no longer on speaking terms with my computer. I have no idea why, and neither does my tech support. I guess it's time for a new camera -- tech support needs to do the shopping for that one. I just want one that works when the rare occasion occurs that I actually remember to use it.
There really is nothing terribly exciting going on here in NC -- let' see . . . the kids had school on a two-hour delay today, which made for a lovely slow morning, but there was not a drop of snow or ice to be found. Just bright, cheery, chilly sunshine for us at both the 8:45 bus stop and the 10:15 one. Usually both are two hours earlier and two hours chillier. No, I don't do the 6:45am one -- Sadie is such a trooper and gets herself there, with Chris/CB's help, of course. (Boy do I ever feel grateful for that arrangement -- my days are SO long when I have to do the early shift!) I admit that I really love slow mornings -- all the rushing around drives me nuts, especially on days George has preschool at 9:15. I can't seem to locate a preschool here that starts in the afternoons -- such a bummer. He only goes until 12:15, and then we have the whole rest of the day ahead of us. Oh well -- morning preschool is better than none, I suppose . . .
All in all, things are well, and I feel grateful. I sincerely hope, dear readers, you feel the same.
5 comments:
A two hour delay? For what? Snow? Weird.
Just wait till you have to drive the early-morning seminary carpool-now THAT'S fun.
Thinking of you-how is the pregnancy going?
Sounds like you are adjusting well. I am also grateful for the arrangement I have w/my husband driving the kids to school in the morning. I hang out with my almost 3yr old and he keeps me busy! There are no such thing as afternoon preschools here in Hawaii. It's even difficult to find a part-time preschool...most of them are 5Xs a wk. I'm not quite ready to let my baby go yet. Well, all is well in Hawaii...still waiting for an offer on our home.
I am sure it is hard moving your family away from a schedule you already know. The good thing, your wonderful and I am sure will adapt in a flash!
Hope things are falling into place more and more and you all are making nice friends. I laughed so much at your comment you left about Dallin and Delaney. And yes, we are always referring to you all as the 'sort of cousins' LOL. Please get your tech support and camera running soon, we would love to see pictures of you all in NC and of your cute pregnant self! Hope you are feeling good!
thanks for the update, we miss you guys. I am getting excited to send Julia to preschool next year- I need to find an all day one. j/k.
Post a Comment