The entryway -- SO nice to have a proper one, by the way!
An unused room just to the left of the entryway -- Chris/CB calls it the reading room, but no one really even does that there. It is sort-of randomly furnished, in my opinion, but we are still using our grad-school mentality where you use what you have, and we are grateful for what we have -- hand-me-down chairs from my grandmother, and all!
The family room: THIS is where we all hang -- It's the first house we have ever had with a fireplace, and yes, it does actually get cold enough for us to use it. We DID have snow this year, afterall! (Those pictures are still stuck on the old camera, or I would prove it!) I have a love/hate relationship with fireplaces, but surprisingly, it is nice to have -- and I really love reading in the red chair by the fire after the kids are in bed . . . Overall, I'd say the fireplace and I are getting along just fine.
Anyway, I always fancied myself an old-house lover, but after coming from a 40 year-old house to a 10 year-old house, I am realizing how nice it is to have higher ceilings and light, and just having things work better because they are newer. We feel blessed to be here, to say the least, and are now UNC tar-heel fans. (We've gotta get our gear ready for the tournament!)
12 comments:
WOW! The house seems so large, and already lived in. I think it will be along time before mine looks so put together!
Gorgeous!! You are amazing to have it so 'set up' already. Its absolutely beautiful and I love all your furniture too!
your house looks great! I am impressed at how fast you have it all unpacked and having things hanging on your walls! I still have empty walls after six years.
wish we could see it live. like everything you do it looks wonderful, i love your style. i want to see the rest of the house- more pictures please. how are you feeling these days?
it looks fabulous! you have excellent style - and I always like to steal some of your decorating looks :)
hopefully we'll get to see it in person some day! and your kiddos can actually meet my kiddos in person! (how strange to be using that in the plural now:)
Cute house! I can't believe you already have pictures on the walls. Pregnant and all!
How nice and orderly your home is...I need to be better at that. Still trying to train my kids to pick up after themselves. I need to hire someone to help me clean my house again! I'm glad to see you are adjusting well over there!
it's gorgeous and so YOU!
What a beautiful home Nellie. I'm sure your family loves it.
Can you come help me with mine. Tee Hee.
Hey Nellie! Thanks for saying hi on my blog and tell Chris hi. What cute kids you have and your house looks beautiful. Where did you move from? And I'm so curious who we both dated. I have the worst memory ever! Anyway, thanks again for saying hi.
Oh, and I'll e-mail you the price for the temple picture...it kind of depends on which size...mine is 24 by 36...I'll e-mail you.
It has been fun to hear more about you guys from Catie. I was sad I didn't get to see you when I was there for a quick trip to see Catie. We are planning to come out as a family the beginning of the summer and will definitely have to get together!!!
The house is awesome! I love that table with the funky legs.
Post a Comment