Cami, (cute little blondie in the middle) had her 6th birthday party, "Cosmic bowling" while we were there. Here is the whole crew: Judd, Daisy, Cami, Josh, Sadie, George and Henry (in red shirt.). This was the first time we actually got them all together for a picture -- something that wasn't easy to do as the trip progressed.
Erin and I with the gang trying to show off the black lights -- didn't really come out in the photo, but you get the idea. (No, I am not wearing a half-shirt -- I pulled my sweater up for the black lights to show my stripes . . .)
Josh, Daisy, Cami and Henry petting sting-rays in Nashville. (Ft. Campbell is about an hour from there -- in case you are not good with your Tennessee geography)
Daddy story time -- our last night there. Chris reading to the gang to try to get them to sleep at a decent hour. Chris did his job well as the only Daddy on duty. Thank goodness he was there --
The boys zoned out watching "Star Wars."
Sunday morning photo-- Judd was not interested at all in being in the photo -- so he's not. He looked as cute as these guys, though! Sadie, 11, Daisy, 9, Josh, 8, Henry, 6, Cami, 6, George, 4. (and Juddy's 4, too -- one day younger than G).
Another Nashville photo -- can't remember what this place was called, but it was an indoor hotel and convention center with a river boat ride right next to the Grand Ole Opry. These horses were just cool art hanging around in the atrium.
The river boat ride. Chris looked like a polygamist with Erin and I and all these kids --
waiting in the river-boat line
We had such a great time -- I must say that I have so much respect for Erin and all the amazing military families who sacrifice so much to support their families while their husbands are at war. I can't even imagine having Chris gone for more than a month, let alone a full year. Erin handles the pressure of single-parenthood with amazing patience and grace -- thank you so very much for letting us add even more madness to your weekend, eat your food, sleep in your beds, etc. We really hope you'll come East soon, so we can repay the favor.
5 comments:
Wow you got this up fast. Great pictures. I didn't know you got one of all of them at Cam's party. Good work. Things are quite lonely without you here. I am glad you made it home alright. We LOVED having you.
I love all of the photos and Nellie you look great. I like your hair, I keep imagining it really short for some reason. Looks like so much fun - makes me want to take a trip with my family!
you look adorable pregnant...more pictures of you please!
does Chris realize that the last three pictures you've posted of him he's sitting on the couch?
love the red jacket, nellie. super sass. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting (and how mine stay the same it seems like and time crawls right about now)
send love to your kiddos and to ceeb. tell your sis in law erin, too, that she is amazing for doing what she's doing.
You look awesome and I love the reference to Chris looking like a polygamist!
There is an air force base here in Shreveport so we've gotten to know a lot of military families. They are amazing for the sacrifices they make, no doubt!
Post a Comment