So I have had the beginnings and maybe even some of the middle of a blog post in my mind for a while. I just can't quite get it finished. I am afraid to sound like too much of a downer. Not that there is really anything to be "down" about:
We had a nice time with the kids all "tracked out." Explored a lovely museum in Raleigh called Marbles, got library cards for the kids and checked out so many books that we'll be lucky to find them all to return them. And enjoyed mild, sunny days. It was nice.
CB/Chris and I have enjoyed regular Friday night burgers from 5 Guys, thanks to our talented in-house babysitter.
George and I discovered you can use European hot cocoa mix in place of regular baking cocoa in a pinch, and the cookies still turn out fine. (a little extra sugar never hurt anyone . . .)
Henry and Daisy enjoyed new books from the school book fair. H got two Star Wars ones -- he is OBSESSED with Star Wars right now -- it is pretty cute. Daisy got a couple of chapter books that she was finished reading in about an hour. We tried encouraging her to get books that are longer, but it was her money, so there was not much else I could say.
G and I discovered the Raleigh Costco -- much nicer than the Durham one. (Thanks to my new portable GPS -- I LOVE that thing!!)
My Mom had her birthday yesterday -- no joke, on April 1. Happy Birthday, Mom! I tried to call, but the line was busy . . . you just have too many kids to talk to on your day. Hope it was a good one.
The boys stomach flu didn't infect the rest of us, and only lasted 24 hours a piece -- good news indeed!
I successfully suspended my gym membership so I didn't have to feel guilty about not going. (Hopefully the motivation to un-suspend it after this kid is born will come sooner rather than later, but don't count on it.)
Chris/CB is coaching Henry's soccer team, making it his job to get him to games and practices.
So, as you can see, everything is pretty great around here -- what's my problem? It could be the fact that I haven't had a good night sleep in a while, or that I am constantly visiting the potty, (like a potty-training child), or that I can't seem to catch my breath. This pregnancy thing is really not for me -- when Chris/CB asked me the other night if there was anything I did like about being pregnant, I could think of only one: (besides the obvious -- getting a baby at the end -- which will be a great blessing, for sure.) "not having to feel guilty about not fasting." There you have it -- the one and only benefit I reap once a month.
Now that I think of it, that's a pretty darn good one. (Maybe I can use that to motivate me to stick to nursing longer . . . then, again, maybe not. Nursing is probabally my least-favorite thing about having a baby, but I digress . . .)
Things are looking up -- maybe I should write "downer" posts more often.
7 comments:
at least you look good.
I second that!
i was trying to think of something positive to say about being pregnant but honestly i am totally with you. i always start to feel like its a permanent condition- but i guess it is nice to know that at this time next year you wont be pregnant and you will have an almost one year old- looking back time always looks short- looking forward is another story. good luck. and just make some more chocolate brownies.
Well if that is your downer, feel free to down on me any time!
Hang in there Nellie.
It is o.k. to write "downer posts" once in a while. It is a good form of therapy.
People tell me I won't feel like having another baby until the memory of how miserable pregnancy is has faded a bit more.
I did love that complete strangers seem to feel more comfortable talking to you when you're pregnant. Of course, here in Louisiana, complete strangers also felt compelled to man-handle my belly.
I hear you. Especially about nursing - I think we've gone over that before. Hang in there!
Post a Comment