Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Busy, but bad blogging!

Memorial day, Topsail Island, NC:










Emerald Isle Apex girls trip: (minus Cyndee because I don't know how to use my camera timer -- duh!)




So, I am long overdue for an update. Some of the things we have been up to are:


1. soccer, soccer, and more soccer. Sadie, Henry and George are all playing. It is almost over, which will be wonderful, now that swim team has started. (see #3)

2. softball -- Daisy tried it this time ... likes it, but thinks she will go back to soccer in the fall.

3. swim team. Four big kids in four different age groups (and different work-out times.) Monday through Thursday I'm at the pool after school. Good thing it is here in our neighborhood . . . Ollie is getting his knees skinned up from crawling on the pool deck.

4. Girls Camp. It's coming up -- I'm in charge of the food, which is kind-of stressful, but it's getting there. CB will be on Daddy duty, of course, while I'm gone. Should be a good, sweaty, hot time. Just the kind of girls camp I did growing up in TX!

5. The beach! I was lucky enough to be able to go to Emerald Isle with some girlfriends, which was heavenly.

6. The beach again -- Memorial day (yesterday) we went again, this time for the day to Topsail Island. It was a great time -- and no one got sunburned! Hooray!

7. CB has been to Atlanta and back before my beach trip, and then to England for a week directly after it. It is nice to have us all under one roof again. Also, after five years of "revising and resubmitting" (R&R) a paper to be published, it has been accepted for publication. Hooray and congratulations!



In between are all the "messy bits," which of course, keep us as busy as everyone else.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have been busy...which is sooo much better than blogging! ;) Even though we LOVE the pics!!!!!

Airi said...

Now that's great...going out with the girls. I think we all need that once in a while. I'm thinking of getting together with friends for the "Time Out For Women." Have you been before? I think it will just be a good excuse to travel on my own! Hope you're having a FAB summer! Next time...come visit us in Diamond Head!

J-Lo said...

Just checking in on the Bingham family:) Looks like a party in NC. Is it was unbearably hot there as it is in LA right now? I'm dying here! I love the family water-park shot. What gorgeous people!