Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

So, this morning was total Sunday morning chaos -- the kids lobbying to find their Easter baskets, parents telling them there was no time, and wardrobe and hair drama, etc. I needed to go early today (we have 9am church), so I hid the baskets in a place where I knew no one would look and headed out. When church was over, I came home just after Chris and the kids, and they were already mostly changed from their clothes. So, I FORCED them to get re-dressed for a picture. I am pretty sure the only reason D is smiling is because I threatened to take eggs from their baskets if they didn't. I should have documented her face for posterity's sake before the threat. Classic Daisy. Either way, I am glad I insisted, because in the end, it is good to take time for pictures to document the day. Also, it is a rare occasion that I get the girls to dress alike anymore. Those days are numbered, I know! I usually just try for the path of least resistance, which is "just make sure you have something on," but that is a subject for another blog.
Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Katie Hendrickson said...

That is an awesome pic for being forced into smiling! j/k Wait until you see the pics I got...not too great even with major threats!
P.S. We are still freezing here too!

Sarajane said...

it looks like you had better luck then we did. Julia would not look at the camra for a photo, she just wanted the jelly beans.

Emily S. said...

That is a darling picture! Your kids are the cutest. I am glad you forced them to put their outfits back on. Why are holidays so crazy busy?!

eryn said...

So cute!! I can't believe you got them all to smile at the same time. They are growing up! Are Sadie's lips that luscious all the time?

Krista Lou Cook said...

Love the photo.... love the outfits!!!! (I don't know if my sister and I ever dresses alike!)