Monday, March 31, 2008

Terry Yaki







Yep. Terry Yaki. My sister-in-law, Amy, actually knows a guy with this name. It is even more funny at midnight. Last weekend, my two sisters in law and I converged on Jane (Chris/CB's one and only sister), Andy (her extremely long suffering husband), and Emmie (pure sunshine) for a long overdue girls trip. I seriously can't believe we didn't think of this before. We had so much fun -- I really can't do it justice. Thanks Andy and Jane -- I can't believe you live in a place that is 80 plus degrees in March, and that you would allow yourselves to be over-run with obnoxious women who don't get out much. I havn't laughed that much in years.

And, this post would not be complete if I did not thank my wonderful husband, who did some serious daddy overtime to make the trip possible. (thanks to all the brothers in law, too!) I really think we need to make this a tradition -- I don't get to miss my children often enough, and my warm memories will have to suffice since I am now back in Baltimore freezing again. I hope to thaw out by May. :)
*You gotta love the Claire's boutique fake hair shots! I haven't been in that store for years and we acted like silly girls in jr.high. Where was the fake hair back then? Good times!



6 comments:

Sarajane said...

thanks for the close up of my big cold sore. It was so fun.

Megan said...

Hi Nellie. I've been reading your blog (thanks to the link on Katie's blog) and thought I would finally leave a note to say hello to my beloved cousin-in-law! I love your blog and I love you. I miss you! Are you coming to Utah this summer? I hope to see you soon! love you, Meg
p.s. Please give CB a big hug for me! :)

Katie Hendrickson said...

I have no idea what products my Mom uses because she is always trying something new (like Jenny). I'll ask what the latest is...
You look fabulous!!! Girls trips are the BEST. I want to be your sister-in-law too.
xoxox

Katie Hendrickson said...

P.S.
I love your hair! What face stuff do you use...I have age spots galore~

birdie said...

I seriously did feel like a giddy Jr. High girl. I've never had that much fun in Claire's before (or fun at all for that matter:). Come back soon!

birdie said...

Fun at all in Claires - I should clarify - not fun in general! I really do have an exciting life, I promise!!