Monday, May 19, 2008
Cinderella Day
A good friend of mine refers to Mondays as "Cinderella days." I couldn't agree more -- there were no showings of the house today, and it was a good thing because things were incredibly messy and disorganized this morning! The kids were out of school last Friday and that makes for an even more chaotic Monday morning. There was the ever-present laundry, sheets to be changed, toys to be picked up, breakfast to get, beds to be made, lunches to make, forgotten singing uniforms to be delivered, treadmills to be walked on at the gym (a mistake today -- too muck of a time drain!), preschool drop-off, Monday folders to fill, sick three year old to comfort, clean sheets to be put on, laundry to fold and put away, kids to be picked up, and dinner both for my family and another who just had a new baby. Whew. And now that the kids are in bed, I have been furiously cleaning for the multitude of showings here tomorrow. I know the showings are a good thing, but I really need a buyer. Pray for a buyer! I am generally pretty tidy overall, but white-glove clean is ridiculous and impossible. Oh, and the leaving all the lights on thing is killing me -- wasting electricity will get me a buyer? Really. PRAY for a buyer. Please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yes, I love all of those things, and that is why my house is disorganized!
I hope a buyer comes along!
I'm praying hard for you Nellie cuz I'm feeling your pain...and ditto on the "lights on" business!!
I totally know what you are going through with the "open house" and showings by appointment...you basically have to be prepared any day any time for someone to call wanting to look at your home. Having 5 kids, I then have to think of where to hide them, so we usually go out somewhere for 2 hours (we sometimes just went next door to my sisters house to spy on who was lookin).
Anyway, good luck to you! We will be in your shoes again at the end of this year....here we go again!! I'm sure that the right person will come to see your beautiful home...especially when the spirit dwells!!
why don't you get a dog and then you could have even more cleaning...as a matter of fact I have a dog. a dog with diarrhea. seriously. are you sure you don't want a dog?
Cinderella days - perfect explanation for a Monday!!! I can't imagine the craziness of having to show your house with kids needing to live in the house. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
So true! Cinderella day...I love it. I HATE having my house on the market. Who can live like that??? I hope it sells soon
Oh, the joys of home selling. It was hard enough to keep our place clean for showings with just David and I living there. I felt the same way about our power bill, so I picked two or three lights to leave on and hoped that having the blinds up would compensate for the rest (or that the realtor showing the house would flip them on as needed:) Best of luck to you!
Post a Comment