Fast forward to the next game his team plays, the following week. His team is the green team and they are playing the orange team. The orange team was short a couple of players, so Henry was chosen to play on their team for them, orange jersey and all. Needless to say, he came home so happy because he had indeed been part of a winning team that day. He even got to keep the orange jersey. I felt so grateful that he got this experience -- I knew enough about the skills of his usual green team to doubt they could ever win, yet Henry was blessed with the desire of his heart. A tender mercy indeed.
Henry's not-so-talented (but very cute) under 7 team (some of them):

Daisy's very talented, winning under 9 team: (D is second from left)

6 comments:
that is adorable
I can just see how happy H must've been for his victory at last!
I think soccer is one of the most fun little kid sports to watch. Congratulations to Henry (and Daisy).
It is great that those desires are known - and something that may seem small is important and able to be realized.
Yay for soccer! And yay for H! My favorite sport and pastime!
I just read your note on Meredith's blog that you're coming to UT in December. I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself. We need to plan some fun get togethers while you're here! I can't wait.
Love your perspective! Jake just won his very firstest wrestling match and I know how you feel! Yay for soccer!
Post a Comment