Chris/CB had surgery yesterday and today -- he had some skin cancer on his lower eyelid that needed to be taken off. After phase one yesterday, he was fine -- up and around and joking about his "pirate" patch. He even stuck a magazine picture of an eye on the patch -- it made him look like some kind of droid from Star Wars. (sorry no photo).
Today is a much different story. Today was the day they closed the hole left by the now removed skin cancer. I don't mean to be too graphic, but the eye surgeon took a piece of skin from the crease of his eyelid and sewed it over the "hole" on his lower lid. He has sutures today, and I have filled his pain meds . . . he is in good spirits, but I think is genuinely surprised that he feels as poorly as he does.
He has never done this before . . . I am always the "patient." It is kind-of nice to be able to "repay" the favor of taking care of him for a change. He will be back to his usual tricks soon . . . which is good, because I will need his help soon enough myself.
Hopefully this will be a very good reminder to the kids when they complain about sunblock applications and hats, etc. It should look pretty cool once the patch comes off . . . I should really take a picture so they don't forget . . .
10 comments:
SCARY!
I hope everything ends up being okay.
You are a super wife.
Wow! I hope he recovers quickly.
i didn't know this was going on! i know how much sun exposure he has had, so even though that is really crappy, i could see how it could have happened.
would love to see that eye on the pirate patch - see if he'd be willing to put that back on for a quick pic (then post it).
send love to him and that we're thinking of him.
Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Mother's day...you deserve it and will even more so after your #5 comes!! I'm sure that you are such a terrific and fun mom! And hope that your husband recovers quickly...good luck with that!
Tell him good luck with recovery (you too.) We've been down the skin cancer road before, in fact, this is a good reminder to get my husband in for another check up!
o my, I hope things are all healed up. A good reminder that I need to schedule a checkup for Rob's ear.
Yikes! I hope all goes well. I do want to see an eye patch photo. Silly boy.
NELL~ GLAD HE IS OKAY! HOW ARE YOU MAMMA... WE ARE HEADING TO UT FOR A COUPLE WEEKS. WE NEED TO HANG OUT WHEN WE GET BACK
TELL HIM TO HANG IN THERE...YOU TO FOR THAT MATTER XO
Skin cancer sucks! how did you find it?
I hope you guys are good...
e-mail me!
Yeah, how did he find out it was cancer? I hope the recovery is speedy.
Post a Comment