Friday, October 23, 2009

State Fair

So, I had a hot date to the NC state fair tonight. It was pretty sweet -- deep fried everything!


Between the two of us we ate:
two polish sausages complete with onions and peppers
an order of cheese fries
A deep fried twinkie (I only had a bite -- not bad)
4 deep fried oreos (yum. The oreos get all soft inside the batter)
a bite of an onion ring (left-over from our friends' -- SUPER greasy)
one piece of chocolate covered bacon -- not too bad -- I actually enjoyed it.
a cinnamon roll
A strawberry soft-serve ice cream cone (all CB -- I don't do strawberry sweets very often)




I think I can eat this -- the "pig lickers" or chocolate-covered bacon.


What's a state fair without large produce and smelly animals?
Sorry, no pictures of smelly animals, but they were there, I promise!

8 comments:

mkt said...

All that's missing is the fried butter! Apparently that was the big seller at this year's UT/OU game... We'll meet you there next year and treat you :)

SARAH said...

I have wanted to try chocolate covered bacon for a a while. I'll have to make some. :)

birdie said...

mmmmm... bacon. sounds delish. deep friend pecan pie, too? wow. you guys have hit the big time!

Sarajane said...

don't you just love a good sate fair? I love to people watch more than anything.

queenieweenie said...

what a fun date! i'd like to try the deep fried pecan pie-sounds gross and yummy at the same time.

linda said...

I love anything fried. how fun. I generally skip the state fair but I think yours sounds fun.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

and that's why I love the south...

J-Lo said...

What, no funnel cake? That's a staple here in Louisiana! No chocolate covered bacon, though...jealous!