Monday, October 12, 2009

Oliver

I have been a bit blog-lazy these days . . . the kids are back in school, and the weather's turning cooler, and I feel grateful to just have things be pretty routine. I should probably photograph the routine more often, but since I haven't, here's a picture of Ollie today:





Last week, I came in the door from some errands and put Ollie on the floor while I unloaded some groceries. He didn't make a peep, and when I looked at him, this is what I found:


He was totally out cold. Yes, he's a thumb-sucker, and I love it! I have never had one before, and I find it really handy in the car -- no reaching around to try to find and place the bink while driving. He does all the soothing himself. I need to document how much I like it now, so when he's five, I remember that I once loved his thumb-sucking. But for now, I'm a big fan!!

8 comments:

megan said...

He's adorable. Looks just like Henry to me. It was great to see Chris and Daisy yesterday. When will you get to come back up to Baltimore to visit again, Nellie?

linda said...

ah - he is SO cute. I love boys. I also love thumb suckers (my last two are suckers and it is great). CUte. very cute. I am jealous - in a good way.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that makes me wish that Harold would start sucking his thumb. It is so cute. What better thing than to have a four month old who can console himself and get himself to sleep? I want it!

I can't believe how much he looks like your family. So fun to see. He is so cute with his dimples and is looking so big in these pictures. Maybe it is the big kid jeans and shirt. So very cute. I am hoping, hoping, crossing my fingers that we get to see you soon - - - - come on Christmas!
xoxo

birdie said...

what a sweet one he is! i love how he's totally out cold on the ground. are you loving having everyone back in school? probably nice to have a little one-on-one time w/ ollie.

are you guys coming to ut for christmas?

Katie Hendrickson said...

Can your children be any cuter!? I wish I'd known you liked the "Rock Star" shirt; I would have sent it to you and paid with my discount! Any more Gymboree clothes you want?

Michael and Staci said...

What a handsome little guy!!! Jackson was a thumb sucker the first few month and I LOVED IT!!! Hopefully he'll stop before age 5! :-)

Michele said...

So adorable.
What a beautiful family photo.
Wow, 5 kids! Way to go.

J-Lo said...

Caleb is a thumb-sucker, too and I just chuckle quietly when I see the binky suckers throwing their pacifiers all over the place at church. I'm with you on the enjoy it now, but possibly pay for it later front.