Today was a banner day -- here's the recap:
-Visiting teacher came over with fun Halloween treats.
-Met a good friend and her cute neighbor at the park. The weather was breath-taking -- about 75 and bright blue sky . . . I LOVE this time of year.
-Came home and put Ollie down for what would be a super long nap. (2.5 hours -- he really doesn't do that too often)
And now for the winning part:
I checked my blog during the aforementioned nap and found I had more comments and found one from the one and only designmom, Gabrielle Blair, telling me that I had won her latest give-away. My first reaction was of horror that she had visited my incredibly un-creative and un-inspiring blog, (not to mention the sub-par point and shoot photography), and that quickly gave way to the feeling that I had just been recognized by a celebrity. I mean, she is really amazing and inspiring, and I have shamelessly stalked her blog for quite a while now, but that's what she wants me to do, so I don't really feel like a stalker. Like I sometimes do when I happen on other people's blogs . . . (please tell me other people do this too . . .)
Anyway, out of 930 comments, mine was selected by her randomizer drawing thing -- pretty wild, huh? And now I have some cash to spend at my friend Rachel's amazing site darlybird just in time for Christmas. (and, who am I kidding, there will be some stuff for me, too!)
A lucky day indeed.
Now, lest you think it was all perfect and wonderful, I also bandaged three different wounds on two little boys, (one caused by an older sister who will remain nameless), the glass fell out of a kitchen cabinet and broke one of my good dishes, and Ollie was fussy, of course. Oh, and Tuesdays are YM for Chris/CB, so I was flying solo on the bedtime/baths for the boys, too. But that's all pretty typical, and this post is about the good things, so there it is. I won!
6 comments:
sounds like a perfect fall day-and much better than mine:)
darlybird is darling...have fun shopping!
nice.
i love darlybird-
in fact i have my darling red rose earrings on today {a gift from you-thank you!}
i stopped commenting on those things because I never get selected- perhaps i'll have to start up again.
and yes- i have found myself on someones blog, I don't know, but i read anyway.
that's me SJ not Rob- oops.
hooray!! way to go nellie! i've never left comments on blogs that i stalk (which i do...)
in fact, i'm not sure if i've ever won any kind of drawing - that's fabulous!
Hurray Nellie! Lucky red envelope money coming your way. Or as we say, "rucky money".
YEAH! I love when someone I know wins... it's the net best thing to winning myself! Glad the rest of the day was awesome too... you deserve it!
Post a Comment