Monday, April 21, 2008

Dust


So, now that we are moving, I have finally gotten rid of the nasty beige 4x4 tile on my countertop and backsplash (formerly covered by groovy wallpaper you can see above). It has taken almost three years, and I love it!! Friday, Saturday and today we have had demolition, drywall, sanders and new instalation guys here, and I can't seem to be able to rid our house of the fine white dust that has settled everywhere. Ugh. And we are trying to get the house on the market by the end of the week. Wish us luck!
*Sorry I can't show true "before" and "after" pictures. My camera is still MIA. You'll have to settle for old PJ's and Easter festivities! :)

5 comments:

Sarajane said...

I hope your camera gets there soon I want to see some pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the kitchen! I'm sad we can't see pictures. Good luck this week. It's so much work to get a house ready to show, it makes you never want to move. Not only that, but then once it's ready, you have to keep it perfect, all the time! I'm feeling your pain! We'll be hoping for a speedy sell with few showings!

birdie said...

Love the kitchen and the groovy wallpaper. Ok, so I'm the slacker who hasn't sent your camera off.

I finally put it in a box last night w/ bubble from my Amazon purchase and I'm sending it Priority TODAY!!

You still love me, right?!

queenieweenie said...

Ugh. Home renovation is the WORST! Even if it's for a fun reason. I'm so glad you started a blog! Yeah!

J-Lo said...

David and I were back visiting friends at Stanford last weekend and went to the old Menlo Park ward. We saw Eryn Gustafson who gave me the link to her blog which, in turn, led me to the link to your blog! I've been hoping to get back in touch and am so glad for this world of blogging that makes it so easy. Your family is even more beautiful than I remember!
I just made a blog for our family a few weeks ago. The address is: http://www.djludlowland.blogspot.com/
We, too, have a move coming up (from Reno, NV to Shreveport, Louisiana for David's residency). Anyway, drop me a line when you have a moment.
Love,
Jenny Ludlow