First of all, before I start, Happy Birthday, CB!! He is 36 today, and at a conference so we can't even celebrate. We'll get to it soon, though. We are both to the point where birthdays are not too big of a deal to us but the kids love them, so we MUST celebrate for them.
Anyway, lots of things have been happening around here -- I have been putting off updating for some reason. We are moving to North Carolina some time this summer. CB/Chris got a great offer to teach at UNC (the tar-heels), and we have decided to take it. I am seriously in denial about the whole moving thing -- getting the house ready and cleaning and packing, etc., but we have decided to go, so now there is much to do. It is hard to leave Maryland and after almost three years, it is starting to feel like home. The only thing I won't miss is the winter weather!
As for our London visit in June, I am terribly disappointed to blog that we won't be going. It is a really long story, and I only wrote about it previously because tickets were purchased and passports were all in order -- I thought it was jinx-proof. Needless to say, it wasn't. We really weren't planning on such a nice offer from UNC -- before it came, we could justify using London Business School's resources to check out London with the possibility in mind that we would perhaps want to make a move there. With UNC in the picture, even London didn't look as attractive, so we felt it wouldn't be ethical or honest to go with little or no desire to move there permanently. Pretty much the only one in this family who wants to live there is me. I am the crazy city girl in this household, and bless CB for even considering it on my behalf! So, hopefully the door there isn't closed there forever -- just for now. Sorry to all those who wanted to visit . . if we get there in the future, you are still invited!
So that is the big news. Now we have to sell this house -- not easy in this market, but hopefully it will work out. North Carolina sure is inexpensive compared to here -- and there are LOTS of nice, new houses for us to look at. Anyone want to move to Maryland?
On another note, George is doing great with the potty thing now! YA-HOOO!! I think the combination of making him walk around in wet pants after an accident and his insatiable desire for candy won him over. I have probably just jinxed it now that I have blogged about it, but I am really glad the light has turned on in his little mind.
Also, Jane, do you have my camera? I haven't seen it since our lovely visit to AZ -- I have an empty case, and even though I think I only took ONE photo the entire time, I still managed to come home without it. So, no new pictures on the blog for now . . . not that anyone cares, but my flowers were going to bloom soon, and I wanted to document it.
13 comments:
I would cry because you are moving away from MD but I forgot we are moving too. Wow! I am thrilled for you all. I just think NC is great even though I have actually only driven through it on my way to Florida. But lets be honest - the beaches there beat MD and Galveston (sorry) any day! =) Xoxo, L
hApPy bIrThDaY CB! We are excited about NC for you guys. I am sure your darling home will sell fast. Sad news about London but it sounds like you may get out there at some point in time- and we will make sure to visit.
We will be sad to see you go, but what a great move for you! I also think it would be really cool to live in London, I'm sad that the trip isn't even going to work out!
Happy Birthday CB!! I'm such a lame sister and kept reminding myself yesterday to call, but I always said I'd do it later and I never did! I'll call him today.
I'm so excited for you guys to move to NC. I love the Chapel Hill area. It is so fun, lively, and beautiful. I think you'll love it! So - I guess it's really happening!
I do have your camera, btw. I can send it to you ASAP.
North Carolina?! You guys are the moving-est couple that I've ever known!! Are the kiddies excited too? We'll have to come visit for sure.
P.S. Way to rock the potty training...I'll need your tips in a few years!
AND HAPPY B-DAY TO CB!!
Wow that is big news! I hear such wonderful things about NC. I hope you have a fabulous life there. Keep in touch!
How fun to move somewhere where the houses are cheap (comparatively)! I hope it goes well. I love reading your blog!
I am jealous that you're moving to NC! I love Chapel Hill. When I was living in D.C. for my internship back in 2001, I flew down to NC for a four day weekend to visit my good childhood friend at UNC, Chapel Hill. I fell in love with that place. It's beautiful!!! I'm definitely coming for a visit. Please tell CB Happy Birthday for me and give him a big hug from cousin "Egg". :)
We can't wait till you get here!!
Kevin and I were just talking about you guys and wondering about the UNC offer. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are going to love it there! My family is there so that will be great to get to see you when we are out there visiting!!!!
Happy Birthday today Nellie! I love you.
love, Meg
That is fun news - I would have liked to hear Rice of course, but UNC will be nice. Good luck with all the changes and congrats to George - I'm am starting to dread that whole bathroom thing for Frances, it is great when they work it all out.
Celebrate! I hope you get to do a lot of fun things today Nellie, Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment