Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Who is training who?
I decided that today was the day to toilet train George. Why today, I don't know, but I was determined. Six pairs of pants later, no successes. Some say he doesn't get it. When I tell him "to go to the potty when your body tells you," he says "but my body can't talk." I am being totally serious. He really said that this very morning. Sadie and her friend Tera are currently trying to get him to go as I type this because I promised them some cash if they could get him to do it. He doesn't want to put a diper on anymore, which I totally understand, but what to do now? Any thoughts? I would seriously put a diper back on, but he says no. I think I am the one being trained. Did I mention the huge jar of Reese's Pieces on top of the cabinets beckoning to him all day? I had to get a handful of them for myself to reward ME for trying. At this rate, they will be all gone when/if he goes, and then what will I do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Nellie, you crack me up! I know who to call when I start having kids. :) I can't wait to get your advice! You're a pro!
Hahahaha...Poor Nellie...and G too... at least you got some chocolate out of it! =) Oh man the things I have to look forward to.
I HATE POTTY TRAINING MORE THAN ANYTHING!! It' so funny how simple it seems to say "do what your body tells you" and your three year old looks at you like you are crazy!
I hope you have some great carpet cleaner and a Walmart discount card on underwear. he ha
P.S. It IS Brad in that pic...I'll post more when the season starts.
It's when my friends have something like this that I sit back with a cup o' tea and think "I am so glad I don't have kids."
I love kids -- everything is so literal. I say duct tape 5 pairs of underpants on him. That way there are plenty of layers to soak through and he'll finally get tired of walking around in wet/stinky pants.
Or maybe just have him walk around naked and ask Sadie and her friend to follow him around w/ a pooper scooper.
I love how you enlisted the other kids in the effort. Now that's some family spirit. Your girls trip looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you got some sun! You look amazing!
How is it going? I am already thinking about this with Julia and how not fun it will be.
Post a Comment