Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day

Today the state of North Carolina received six inches of snow! It was the first time it has snowed here in 5 years, and everything shut down completely. Since we lived in Maryland before here, though, we are used to such things. (It still strikes me as funny, though, that in Maryland it snows a couple of times a year, but they still shut everything down -- here I understand.) You should have seen all our cute neighbors all bundled up, moms and dads and kids taking to the streets and enjoying all the lovely white stuff. Being the Texan that I am, and having just spent nearly two weeks in snowy Salt Lake City, I watched from the warmth of my home and only went outside to get the mail. I mean, what's all the fuss about, anyway? I took lovely pictures of all the "fun," however, but for some reason the computer and the camera won't cooperate and I can't get them to download. My tech support is tired, so I'll have to post them another day.

In other news, after checking our school website, there will also be no school tomorrow, either. Something about treacherous road conditions. ? The school district did post make-up dates for the days missed, though. Want to know when they will be? One of them will be made up this Saturday. That's right -- Saturday. The second snow day will be made up on a Saturday in April. I am feeling really sorry for the teachers on this one -- I guess with school being on the year-round calender, it's the only way to get them made up. Weird, huh? I just hope we don't forget to get up and out the door this Saturday -- it will be a strange and short weekend indeed! I guess we should live it up tomorrow.

I promise I will post pictures soon -- I know they are infinitely more interesting than my writing! Daisy turns 9 tomorrow -- time flies . . . photos of the birthday girl are coming -- probabally not super current ones, but I do have archived photos of our crazy, lively, "little" girl.

6 comments:

Emily S. said...

Ha! I just came from another friend's blog who lives in North Carolina and posted about the snow and everything shutting down! Sounds exciting...for the kids. School on Saturday? Are they crazy? Oh - congrats on your bouncing baby boy!

queenieweenie said...

SCHOOL ON SATURDAY!!!!

Tell you children I am VERY sorry.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Oh my! What are they thinking about the move now!

Cotton Mill Cabinetry & Furniture, Inc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cotton Mill Cabinetry & Furniture, Inc. said...

The same thing happened here a month or so ago and everyone freaked out over 2 inches. Being from Wyoming, I thought, what's the big deal, but it really was for here. Crazy! Congrats on having a boy! I hope you're feeling good and good luck with everything! This is Knell, by the way, I'm at work...

J-Lo said...

Having school on Saturday completely diminishes the joy that can be had on a "free day off." Sorry to hear it!