Monday, June 2, 2008

Lyme disease

Darn the East coast! Georgie has the dreaded disease passed on by deer ticks. (I know, totally gross!!) He got several round-looking rashes that didn't seem to bother him, but I took him in to the ped. today and boy am I glad I did. Poor kid. He has been really, really whiny lately -- it is good to know why, but now the trick will be to remember the antibiotics twice a day for 28 days! That's right 28 days. At least he likes taking medicine. Now I am wondering if I should have the other kids tested -- it requires a blood test, so it won't be very popular. Yuck. Gross. I feel itchy just thinking about it.

8 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

i am sooo glad you took him in! Lym'e disease sucks!

Michele said...

Hi Nellie,
You are adorable and what a beautiful family you have. I had fun reading your posts. It is a good way to keep connected. You sound like a busy mom but you and Chris need to take a vacation out to San Diego to play. Our kids would love each other.
I told Chad about our chance meeting on Allison's blog. It truly is a small world. Say hi to Aunt Ruthie for us.

Bek said...

You are so busy these days. I always come and read (on my phone) but don't comment much b/c I can't type on those stupid things!!!

Your kids are getting so big and so handsome/pretty. I cannot believe that they are all growing up so fast. Between the house stuff and the move stuff, you have your hands full.

Sorry about the Lyme disease. Is that something that is easily treatable? I hope so. I remember when we lived in New Jersey, everyone was always checking for ti, but since I never went anywhere but my office and the WaWa, I didn't have to worry about it....

Good to "see" you.... I'll comment more

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Oh my goodness! Abby got Lymes last summer. She didn't feel well for about a week or so, but no rashes, then one night she said that she had something hard on her head. After a thorough search, we found the tick embedded on her scalp underneath her thick hair! Sicko!!! Of course it was on a Sunday night and we couldn't run over to the ped, so Chris ended up taking her to DC Children's to have the tick removed. Probably one of our most unique reasons to visit the ER. Hope little Georgie is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Poor George and poor parents who have to remember to give medicine for that many days. I am terrible at that!
Lyme disease can be quite dangerous, I'm so glad you figured out what it was. This is the last thing you need with the moving hassles you are in the middle of. We keep praying for a buyer to find you.....

Katie Hendrickson said...

Scary!! 28 DAYS? Good luck with that and everything else you have going on...just add it on the list "to do", right?

the design boss said...

I am always so worried that my kids are going to get that. We live in a high area for ticks. I use to love deer until I moved here and they walked through my yard daily. I hate having to spray my kids everytime they go outside. I'm so sorry, poor kid.

Sarajane said...

my sister Amy has it too. She's had two ticks in the last two years just from her back yard. I am sad I didn't get to 'see' you on Sunday. Your kids are so old and grown up and darling. Wish you guys were coming out here soon.