Friday, August 22, 2008
In other news,
we did receive an offer on our house yesterday. It was "low, low, low, low, low,low, low," to coin a phrase from a vulgar song I heard on the radio the other day. We have countered, so I'll keep you posted. It's funny how you can pray for an offer all summer, and then when it comes, you aren't sure it is really what you wanted. The kids start school on Monday and Daisy got our all time favorite teacher for 3rd grade, and Sadie and Henry will be really happy, too. Who knows what will happen -- we are very grateful, yet disappointed, yet hopeful and excited. ? A mixed bag, really, but life is good and we are all well, so that's really what counts. I'll keep you all posted . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Isn't it just the pits when the market is LOW when you want to sell and HI when you want to buy? It's all in the timing!! We are getting ready to sell our house too..we'll see how everthing goes. Good luck on that end! And by the way, The Colburns are AWESOME and remember you and Ashely sooooo well...they loved you guys! Isn't it great how wonderful people come into our lives and we are touched for good and that these relationships can continue to last! I'm so happy that you were all able to go to the beach! You've gotta move here to Hawaii!!
good news- hope they take your offer. there are a lot of fun beaches in NC!
Ahhhhh the decisions, the waiting...... I'll keep my fingers crossed..... keep you in my prayers....... :)Look forward to seeing you at Bunko as much as possible.
I know what you mean about wanting something and then not knowing if that's what you want when it comes. But, maybe this is not "it". Good luck!
i was just thinking about you,wondering if you sold your house....keep me posted! we need to get you your crib back!!! and avery has been asking to go back to "daisy's fun house where i can get dirty! :)" we'll have to get together one final time!!
oh, that is a bummer. I am so sorry. It is so hard to move but that makes it worse. The exact thing happened to us with our last house - 8 months to sell and tons of money put in and we barely got our money out. gag. good luck.
Aye yi yi! Can't spell it in Spanish - but you get the idea.
That's rather painful about the offer - this market is the pits.
I hope things work out somehow - I know they will!
I love the reference to the vulgar song:) Sorry about the low offer, though. As Sarah Wright would say, "fingers crossed." By the way, Paula is getting married this weekend to a guy from Chicago. Yeah, for her!
Man, that is the worst!!! I hope that you get what your heart wants (and isn't third grade a delight--our "twins at heart" eight year olds should make for good blog fodder this year!).
I love the pictures of you guys..everyone looks so grown up. I read all the time but don't get to comment much (I read on my phone while waiting for the girls in therapy--but it is a pain to comment on the phone...).
I LOVE your family and hope that things work out.
R
I'm sorry! Hopefully one will come soon that will be fabulous!
Post a Comment