Monday, August 11, 2008

You should have heard me screaming

over the men's 4x100 freestyle relay last night. I was sitting there all by myself, screaming and cheering for those guys like thy could hear me. Man, I love the Olympics. I love all of it, really, but being a former swimmer makes those events that much more exciting. And the way the French were quoted as saying they were going to "crush" the Americans makes this victory so sweet. An unbelievable final, an incredible race, an amazingly fast time . . . Did I mention how much I love the Olympics? Go USA!!

8 comments:

Michele said...

You are an early riser like me. Mornings are my time.
Amen on the Olympics. Soooo exciting!

birdie said...

I love the Olympics too! We even had a little opening ceremony party to kick off the events!

I was on my feet and cheering during that race too :)

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh my word - we were so excited too! We felt a little bad for all our cheering b/c of the fact that it was almost midnight and that we live in a hotel - neighbors hate us now... oh well! =) Go USA!

Sarajane said...

GO USA! That was amazing to see the relay and their excitment. We love the Olympics in our house too. We have had them on all day for the last three days. Julia likes the diving events and the gymnastics.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Yah I sooo agree! I can't waite to sneek away and watch a little today!

J-Lo said...

David and I were both standing up screaming, too. I especially loved the interview afterward where one of the American guys said, "We knew we had to bring it when the Frenchys started talking smack!"

Paige said...

Nellie..I love love love the olympics, although I am so nervous the whole time that I hardly enjoy it. Especially during woman's gymnastics. I have to look away because I am so scared they will make mistakes. Love-hate relationship I guess.

Katie Hendrickson said...

Tyler could have jumped out of his skin he was so excited...luckily we Tivo'd it and I got to watch it later!!! Woo-woo!