Thursday, August 7, 2008

It can ALWAYS be worse . . .


I was thinking that I needed a new post because my previous one is kind-of whiney, and I am bugged by my own whiney-ness, so as I looked through some old photos, I realized that I have SO much to be grateful for . . . at least I am not directing a roadshow!





Our theme was "A Day in the Life of . . ." and we did Nursery Rhyme. Not terribly imaginative, I know (I stole the idea from a book my kids have), but I lost a lot of sleep over this.


Look at my "scenery," though. This amazing guy in my ward actually built me a book, with pages that turned and everything. Incredible. Oh, and the Cub Scouts were our "little boys blue." I can look on the pictures with fondness now, but I was not fond with this assignment at the time. I would rather have my house on the market for 4 months than be roadshow director. So there. It can always be worse!

7 comments:

J-Lo said...

Way to look on the bright side! However, I do appreciate your honesty in your previous post b/c let's face it, being in no-man's-land can really bite!

Krista Lou Cook said...

One of my worst memories of Mayland was the time i directed our Roadshow. Just one memorie that is the worst is when I lost it and told more like yelled all the youth that they were being out of control and to just be quiet! As I jumped off the stage I relalized most of thier parents were sitting there. Ahhhhhh.


Horay for no more roadshow days!

Sarajane said...

O dear- how did you get into doing that? That looks like a lot of work. I just know that I am going to get a call to be in cub scouts or something crazy like that- can't I just teach RS or something I want to do? Or I guess we could just not go to our new ward and try a new one every week:)

Katie Hendrickson said...

Wow!! I agree!

amber said...

that book is enormous. i'm sending your house good "you will be sold soon" thoughts...

Michele said...

Nellie, you are seriously creative. I am sure that is why you were assigned to be the director. Looks like a fun event. I am sure you are glad it is over though.

guthriegang said...

nellie--

i love your optimistic attitude....ALWAYS!! bet your glad the road show is over...and bet you'll be glad when the house sells....just enjoy the journey! sometimes it would be so nice to know in advance the lords plan! keep on keepin on!