Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July, part 2

You can't have visitors on the 4th without driving to DC for the fireworks. We braved the weather, crowds, traffic and plague-proportions of mosquitos, and believe it or not, it was worth it! We sat right between the Lincoln and Washington near the reflecting pool and boy, what a show! The fireworks were especially loud as it reverberated off the momument, and seemed to last forever! I wish my camera documented it better, but I am quite sure it is a memory we will not forget.



George enjoying some time with my brother, Danny and his wife, who are moving to Mexico City soon. The kids are their nephews from Lauren's side.


I wish my camera wasn't so confused about what to focus on . . . the birds were freaking out.

2 comments:

J-Lo said...

What a great 4th! David and I went to the Louisiana River Walk on the 4th. It was extremely hot so my favorite part was standing under the misters:)

birdie said...

How fabulous is that to be in DC for the 4th?! That must've been incredible to see the fireworks w/ all the monuments in the background.