Saturday, July 19, 2008

Finally . . .

the Bingham Hotel is closed for the summer. We have loved having all of our guests, but they started coming June 17th, and the last of them left today. The extra laundry and messes will not be missed, but we really have had some great times. I think we have all had more than enough of DC -- now we are ready to move.

The showings have been continuing, and it would be really nice to get this home sold, for obvious reasons. All in all, the summer has been good to us . . . and it is nice to live in a place where people want to visit. And, if any of our lovely friends find themselves in the DC area before we move, PLEASE pay us a visit, and even stay . . . we really don't mind. (You can put your own sheets on our guest bed! :) Hopefully someday soon we will be the North Carolina friends you want to visit.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I know we will be heading out to NC of these days to check out the digs. I hope we get to meet up. I love the new header, your family looks great!

linda said...

are you sure you don't want me to come and visit?

Krista Lou Cook said...

North Carolina, I love North Carolina! Enjoy some time without guests. I am always the one to be a guest so I am just imagining what it feels like :)

Bek said...

Nellie...seriously--you had guests WHILE showing your house. You are brave (or crazy).

I know I say this every time, but your kids are so big!!! You and Chris look the same (that is a good thing..).

Sending you "house selling quickly" vibes...

Catie said...

Nellie, we are praying for you! Moving is stressful enough, but adding selling a home and buying one makes it all the more.

We can't wait till you arrive in NC. Please let me know what we can do to help in whatever way. I'll give you a call soon.

queenieweenie said...

it's so fun to have people come and stay and SO NICE when they leave! it makes you realize how much you really like your regular life.