Here we are -- the whole crew in Senator Herb Kohl's office before our tour began. I know, I know, you have never heard of him before, right? (Except for if you are from Wisconsin, I suppose.) Well, Rich arranged this tour for us and he works with a woman who used to work for Senator Kohl. Needless to say, we were given the VIP treatment, complete with photos (the ones the official photog took will be mailed to us, I am told), and stickers and pens adorned with the Milwaukee Bucks logos. Senator Kohl owns the Bucks, and his family business used to be Kohls department stores. (They are like Mervyns, for those of you out West). It was pretty interesting being there with all the kids in such a formal office, complete with advisors trying to move him down to the Senate floor for "two yes votes." He was very nice, despite calling his hurried advisors pains in the a-- in front of the kids. I have never been in a senator's office before, and I suppose I will never do it again. Here we are with the big dog:

Our tour was given to us by a guy who works for Senator Kohl named Ryan Knoke. He was really nice and knowledgeable, but when pressed told us usually these tours were reserved for the interns, of which there were none at the moment. Poor him, trying to keep us all together -- a group of 12, with 8 of them kids!

In the rotunda -- a more candid shot.
Our fearless guide, Ryan, in the original Senate chamber which now houses the sculptures representing the 50 states.

6 comments:
I love the Capital bldg - it is amazing inside. Lucky you guys to get a special VIP tour - (even if you don't even know that guy).
I'm impressed that all the kiddos stayed together - no major mishaps, I hope or lost children?
sounds like you guys had a fun time with the Cooks. That is a lot to do with 8 kids- but it sounds like everyone had a good time. I don't know how my parents had 8 kids and did trips like that. I can't make it with just one two year old!
Looks like a fun visit with some family and lots of good site seeing. I also noticed the odds - what do people do when there is more than 2 kids/adult??
I love all those pics!! It's so cute how the kids just adore each other and you can tell b/c they are standing together in just about every pic!! You are so pretty BTW. Love you.
that is so cool.
i love all the pictures...keep 'em coming.
by the way...you look marvelous!
WOW, terrific photos and great places ot visit. I would love to take my kids to see Washington DC. Maybe in a couple of years when my 2 year old can stay focused for more than 5 seconds. That's fantastic that you can visit all these sites with your family...it just makes it all the more meaningful and memorable!!!
Keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment