Sunday, July 13, 2008

More fun with the Cooks

I have so many pictures of when Kelly and Rich were here -- I am trying to not post too many, but here are some highlights:

Catching an Orioles game in Baltimore -- they lost -- bummer!


The whole crew at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. (the one next to Dulles airport) If you have never been here, you are missing out -- they have a Space Shuttle, Concord, the Enola Gay, and too many other great aircraft to describe. Definitely worth the drive.

The National Zoo -- I think Henry was in the bathroom.

Arlington Cemetary at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Very moving ceremony. I am the one in the dorky orange hat, and Kelly is behind me with the red headband, but I really chose to share this picture because of Caroline's "stink eye" look at Henry. Who know what was going on there -- SO funny! All the kids got along reat, though! (adults, too!!)

It was seriously so hot that day, and I was wearing much less clothing than the soldiers. They consider it an honor, however, to guard this tomb, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. I'm really glad we did this, despite the kids'melting down and finghting over who got pushed in the strollers, etc. Totally worth it!

2 comments:

birdie said...

It is an amazing ceremony, and even though it feels like you're standing for like 20 hrs, you're always so glad that you did it.

I love Caroline's eye - classic!

Emily S. said...

It looks like you had an amazing time! I love that you did so many things even with all the kids - not so easy!