(Two posts in one day -- amazing indeed!)
I just thought I'd give an update -- our house is officially S-O-L-D today. Papers signed, money paid (alot of it, and not to us, but by us, but at least we could sell!), and now we are offically renters. I feel oddly sad about leaving here, although so grateful to have been able to sell. I guess that's just the way life is -- full of conflicting emotions and experiences.
Anyway, we have a new house under contract in North Carolina -- it's newer by 30 years, and much cheaper, so we are excited about finally getting to move. We will leave the week of Thanksgiving, which will be a crazy week, but better than moving in December, so we went with it. I wish I had a picture of the new house I could post that wouldn't include the price. I'll work on that. Thank goodness for movers -- I really don't even need to pack anything, just clean things out so only the stuff we want goes. So that's it -- just in case you were wondering!
8 comments:
YAY!! I'm sure it's bittersweet to sell your house and to leave MD, but what an exciting adventure you guys have in front of you!
Yes! I WAS wondering! Great news!
PS- You were so right on about the whole ebay "something is awry," because... something is awry with my NF fleece. So much so, I am sending it back. Bummer.
I am so glad you were able to get it all taken care of - good luck in your transition!
That is SO great! I am happy for you. It is such a relief to have the weight of selling a house off your mind! It is really strange to be renting the house that was once yours! I found myself looking at the house differently, it was funny. I wish you the best in moving...you are right! We once moved into our brand new home on December 21! I had all my decorations up and everything in place by Christmas! I was Crazy!!! :)
Love you, Thor!!!
Congratulations again! The new house looks really nice. I hope you love it in NC. What a fun adventure! BTW, Sadie is growing so much so fast! It seems like she shouldn't be old enough to have friends as old as the girls in the pictures. The years go by more quickly each year.
We've been wondering!! How wonderful to hear, we are truly happy for you all to FINALLY get to move on! Bittersweet of course. I hope it goes as smooth as possible and maybe you wont have to cook for T-giving?? And LOVE the house ~~ looks like my dream home with the porch, oh my!!
well congrats! I have you can still make it to Nov bunko so i can say a proper goodbye!
Congrats! I think you should see how many times you can call your new "landlords" to complain about imperfections in the house before you leave:)
Post a Comment