The thing about blogging for me is that once I have not posted in a while, my desire to do so decreases. I don't know why . . . I just become less and less motivated to write anything. My life is really not all that interesting, so what do I have to say?
Well, this morning I was greeted by a comment from my cute cousin-in-law, Meredith, asking what the heck was going on around here. Well, here's the update: we thought we had an offer on our house on Monday, then the market crashed and it was withdrawn. Nice, huh? Not much to say on this, but I am thinking we should just take the house off the market and start fresh in the Spring. Chris/CB doesn't have to be in NC to teach until the Spring and is working from home for the time being. The kids are happy in school, and I am sick sick sick of cleaning this place so that some strangers can come and see it, say it's nice and then do nothing. We are also toying with the idea of renting it, but are still contemplating . . . So, that's pretty much it. If anyone has any thoughts/words of wisdom, please do comment. Hopefully none of my dear readers are trying to sell real estate in this dismal market . . .
I promise a better post soon. I need to post something light, with pictures, I think. Yes, pictures are always a good idea, but then that means I must take some!
8 comments:
Nellie! I was so pleasantly surprised to see you stopped by my blog and left a comment! I am so new at this....but sure feel special all of a sudden LOL. And its great to see your blog! What a GREAT picture you have in your heading of your beautiful kids! Yes, I am loving Texas....you and Danny do have a great home state I must say. I dont know if you know our crazy irony, but once upon a time, few years back when Moy was still active duty he wanted to live in TX. I put my foot down. So comical how things work out eventually...
I have been asking L & D about your Dad. So sorry that the hurricane affected them and am praying they can get things situated asap. If we can do anything for them, please just let us know...were only 3 ish hours south.
GOOD luck with the decision you have in your home. It was just pure miracle and luck for us when we sold in MD, we have not ceased in being thankful for that. Hang in there. Please keep in touch! My email is mom2beachbums@gmail.com. LOVE ~~~Carmen
I'm with you on the dead-beat blogging. I don't have anything exciting to report, so I just let my post sit there.
So sorry to hear about your house. But I think you have some good alternative ideas...
This market stinks.
No comment is a bad or boring comment! Love ya and glad to have you around longer!
I'm so glad you posted. Is everything back to normal with your dad and his family? Hope so.
Good luck on your house. My vote is you take it off the market for now. Too much is up in the air and you don't want it sitting on the market for too long.
Loves.
It's sure hard when we just don't have control of what the market is going to be like....everywhere seems to be affected right now. I hear of people just having to walk away from their homes because they can't sell right now. My parents are trying to sell thier large home in Seattle right now and are having difficulites. They took it off the market for a few months and now after a few fixer uppers and unfortunately having to drop the price a bit, they have it on the market once again. Hawaii's market has been affected too. We are going to put our house up for sale in a couple of months and hope that it will look a little better by then. If the rental market looks good, then that may be a good option. That way you can rent it out earning some $$$ then sell when the market picks up a bit. Well, good luck with that! The main thing is...hope everyone is healthy and happy!!
So glad to see you actually took my comment to heart, that you unselfishly took time away from your family to satiate my selfish request.
Though this post may seem mundane to YOU, think again. The rest of your fanbase would disagree. This is life; this is what I want to know about. When we catch up at reunions/quick Utah trips, we always end up only catching up on the "big" stuff that happens in each others lives. The idea of a blog is AWESOME- getting a feel for what a day in the life of Nellie is like, not just the "big" and "exciting" stuff.
I find the most dismal-to-the-writer topic is the most interesting to me, the reader. I conjure up this image in my head of your gorgeous family doing whatever it is you blog about. Weird? Maybe. Connects family/friends all the way across the country? Definitely.
Hi Nellie, I check your blog often, and I love hearing what you have to say.
Before you make any decisions about the house wait to see how the bail out plan effects you. Also, have your real estate agent educate prospective buyers on FHA loans and any city sponsored down payment assistant programs.
I know how frustrating this is. We have a house in Cali that we weren't able to sell before we left so we rented it.
Email me if you want to talk any more about it.
Although I've never met her, I echo Meredith's sentiments about not having to post about something major. It's just great to hear how things are going...even if things aren't great (with the house at least). Plus, now we all have a way of telling you how awesome we think you are:) Who doesn't need to hear that every now and again?
Post a Comment