Monday, February 11, 2008

Blog the bounty-hunter

This, my friends, is the name Chris thinks I should use to name my blog. He seems to think this whole blog thing is a huge joke, and I should make as big a fool out of myself as possible. I'm OK with that, except for my life has nothing to do with bounty hunters, so in my opinion, it is not representative of me or my life. So, in honor of Chris, I have titled today's blog for him. I suggested he should start his own blog so he can keep us all laughing!

Having said that, I have been thinking about blogs lately, and how I seem to never have anything other to blog about except for the kids. Do I only think about them, or are they just the easiest things to take pictures of, and therefore use up all of my blog time? I have been doing the SAHM thing for ten years now, so it is quite possible that my brain can't quite think of any other topic to post about. Either that, or now I am viewing my life differently -- looking for the next best story in my day to blab on about. ? This is turning into quite the random ramble, if I do say so myself. Anyway, blogging is a great deal easier than I thought, and it actually helps me to take the time to document the little things that make up the days and weeks of this mom's life. Not glamorous or cool, but it is my life, and most of the time I like it.

Tonight for FHE, George insisted on us singing "Follow the Prophet." I suggested we sing another song since we tend to sing this particular song every Monday, so we started a different song. George then proceeds to sing the tune we are singing, but instead of the correct words sings, "I don't want to sing this song" in the loudest possible voice, and in tune with the song. (You got to give the guy credit for being creative.) So, we give in and sing his chosen song next. Well, somehwere during the chorus, which gets sung over and over, Henry substituted the word "dolphin" for prophet, and then got the girls laughing hysterically. Chris and I could hardly keep it together ourselves at that point, which didn't help things calm down. Needless to say, it was an entertaining FHE, but, hey, we were just trying to follow the dolphin!

4 comments:

the design boss said...

Nellie-I'm so excited that you found me!! I love blogging, it is so much to read about people and their lives.

Emily S. said...

Yeah - I think blogging is kind of weird, to be honest. A phenomenon really. Wes felt the same way as Chris. I actually didn't tell him until after I had blogged for about a week! But now he thinks it's pretty cool and he checks my blog a lot. It took a while for me to find a "niche" that I was comfortable with. Now I think of it as a combination of personal/family history, place to vent, place to share, and kind of my personal space. I used to say I would never ever start a blog. Now I can honestly say I enjoy it. Go figure! (funny side note - your little word verification is "wesndme" - that's right!)

birdie said...

I thing Blog the bounty-hunter is a fabulous name. I can just hear CB saying it too - barely able to finish the phrase because he's laughing so hard at his own joke :)

Blogging is like My Space for the Mormon mom world, but it's a fun way to keep in touch w/ people. I'm glad, anyway, that you've started one because now I get to hear your thoughts and see the kidlinks.

Tell Henry, I love "Follow the Dolphin" very nice :)

mkt said...

At least you've been singing a primary song for FHE... I think we've sung "Happy Birthday" or "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" at every FHE for the last six months... we finally got them to sing something else when they were practicing to sing a song in sacrament - "Follow the Prophet" no less.