Wednesday, February 13, 2008
No school, no electricity, no heat
Ok, I know that I don't live in the most freezing place on the planet, but to my thin skin, I might as well. Last night there was a bit of freezing rain and ice accumulation -- nothing too terrible, but I knew that there would at least be a 2-hour delay of school for today. About 5am, this morning the power went out -- no big deal, we live practically in the boonies so it happens alot. Luckily CB/Chris had his blackberry, where we were able to find out that school fot the girls was in fact cancelled "due to inclement weather." This happens ALOT here, so it was no surprise, even though it was just a little rainy with a touch of ice outside. Well, it was really hard to get my wimpy rear out of bed and get dressed and presentable by the gray light from outside -- hoping that I wasn't making myself look like a street walker, or anything. I finally decided to take the kids to the Port Discovery Museum in downtown Baltimore, just to get out of our freezing house. We went -- it was really fun and surprisingly empty, since most schools in the area were closed. We played for a really long time and then went to McDonalds for lunch -- for the SECOND time this week. Yuck, but I needed a Diet Coke, and it is right next door, and we were starved. We didn't even seem to notice the street people that always inhabit this Mickie D's -- we are totally used to them, but I digress . . . I'll post pictures later. Before we left, I called CB/Chris to see if the power was back on -- it was, so we left for home. As soon as we walked in the door, we immediately noticed it was FREEZING. CB had been working here all day and hadn't noticed that our furnace was out. It amazes me that he did not notice this, but obviously his skin is much thicker than mine! We can't seem to get it working again and really don't want to call anyone to do it for us when we think we can figure it out. Brrrr . . . I am realizing just how spoiled I am and am longing for a nice warm beach somehwere far from here. I'm dreaming of HEAT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Brrr! It's making me chilly over here in our 70 degree weather. No matter, I won't be chilly come a few months from now when I'm living in the blazing inferno of a thousand degree weather.
Come visit us in a few months and you'll be able to warm your bones and fry an egg on the sidewalk at the same time
If 70 degrees is warm enough for you, our doors are always open to you guys... but maybe I shouldn't tempt you :)
Isn't it funny what a diet coke can do!! I hate to be cold, there is nothing worse!!
Our heater was broken for a few months so we have a few space heaters, I’ll send them your way.
Post a Comment