Thursday, February 28, 2008
Just Delicious, no deception
Ok, so today for our weekly "mothers group," my friend Amber had everyone over to try out recipes from that book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. It turned into a buffet of a multitude of yummy-looking things that had veggies disguised in them. Let me just say that Georgie is an excellent eater and has never passed up brownies in his life (neither have the other kids), but he did today. He eats his veggies fine, too, but apparently doesn't like them mixed together. I can't say as I blame him -- why the deception anyway? If I am going to eat a brownie, I would like the full-fat, no deception version. Period. The only thing I really loved was my friend Marlise's chocolate chip cookies with chick-peas in them. They were delicious, but who am I to judge -- I can't even smell! The pasta with ground up cauliflower looked good, but I never got around to tasting it, with the choco chick-pea cookies around. Do you want to know what my contribution to this fiesta was? A bag of Cadbury dark chocolate coated mini easter eggs -- just delicious, without the deception.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I am with you all the way, why eat a brownie that tastes like veggies? I always regret buying the low fat, no fat things. If you are going to eat chips, eat them and be done with it.
ps- fun to have a mothers group
Thank you so much! I don't get the whole deception thing in the first place - okay maybe if all your kids eat is pasta and you have to find a way to inject nutrition in their diet. I'm more of the opinion that you should just start em early and act like it's no big deal. It worked for me - my kids love asparagus and broccoli. Not that I'm above shredding zucchini or spinach into my meatloaf or pasta sauce, but that's because we like we like how it tastes...
I agree with you completely!
I removed my comment because I had a typo that didn't make sense. Here's my post...
I like your addition to the party. That's my idea of cooking. In fact, that sounds like my "homemade" dinners I make for mom's w/ new babies (place Costco lasagna in my OWN pan, sprinkle cheese on top, broil, and wah la! Instant home made)
I agree about the full fat thing. Maybe that's why my thighs are full-fat.
February 29, 2008 2:31 PM
I've heard about that book. I'm so glad to hear that it was not that great. That's just another purchase I don't need to make. I totally undertand about the jobitis when I'm cleaning up my house for the third time in a day. I now understand why my mom had the untouchable living room. It's the one room that was always clean!
yay for mothers groups, BOO for food that makes me do more work..
Luckily, I have veggie eaters..we go through at least one Costco sized veggie tray a week (and yes, I could do it cheaper but I am too lazy).....
I do always put grated carrot in my sloppy joes and marinara sauce. My mom always did and it makes it just a bit sweeter... but that is habit.
YAHOO!!! I was wondering if anyone from Bunko was going to blog with me!!!
I agree with the disguising. I loke to know what i am eating. Bringon the cadburry Mini eggs!
BTW: I am horrible at spelling, you are welcome to post mispelled words whenever you want!
Mini eggs are my favorite. I'm sure you were everyone's favorite mother at mother's group that day. I agree with you, forget the veggies and just eat it!
Post a Comment